Now AADSync is GA. Do not try to install on an existing AADSync/DirSync server. Just power the old server off and deploy a new server.
New Azure Active Directory Synchronization Services (AAD Sync) has reached general availability.
If you just want to get started, just click here to download AAD Sync.
As discussed on the release blog post:
“AAD Sync capabilities in this release include the following;
- Active Directory and Exchange multi-forest environments can be extended now to the cloud.
- Control over which attributes are synchronized based on desired cloud services.
- Selection of accounts to be synchronized through domains, OUs, etc.
- Ability to set up the connection to AD with minimal Windows Server AD privileges.
- Setup synchronization rules by mapping attributes and controlling how the values flow to the cloud.
- Preview AAD Premium password change and reset to AD on-premises.”